1. Al Wasl Road: With the Dubai Canal project underway, Al Wasl Road will be elevated to become a bridge over the canal between Safa Park and Umm Amar Road.
2. Sheikh Zayed Road: The Dubai Canal will also affect Sheikh Zayed Road, with the lanes currently shifted to the side for the work on the project to take place and once the canal is ready, they will be moved back again.
3. Academic City Road: Academic City Road is undergoing an AED67 million extension project. This includes an extension of Hessa Road in a sector stretching 4km with two lanes in each direction, from Remraam Residential Project to the entry of Dubai Sports City, which will now be converted to a signalised junction to assist in making the entrance and exit to the Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road.
4. Emirates Road to Academic City Road: Also part of the Academic City Road extension project, a two-lane road will be constructed over a 2.5km-long stretch linking Academic City Road with the Emirates Road.
5. Oud Al Mateena 2 internal roads: As part of RTA’s five-year plan, the construction of its AED1 billion internal roads project at Oud Al Mateena 2 will be completed next year. The works consist of the construction of an 18km-long road project, including roadside parking, street lighting and a storm-water drainage system.
6. Dubai Parks bridges: An AED250m project linking the Dubai Parks project with Sheikh Zayed Road – comprising a three-lane and a two-lane bridge at its entry and exit points – is currently under construction. The project also includes the development of roads with Dubai Parks to link with the Sheikh Zayed Road and Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road and 16km of development work comprising a dual carriageway in each direction, as well as internal road works.
7. SeihAssalam Road improvements: The project includes a dualisation of the road stretching 12km from Bab Al Shams Hotel and Dubai International Endurance City to the rest area of the cycling track at Al Qudra Road. The project also includes construction of SeihAssalam Road running 20km from the rest area of the cycling track up to the Dubai-Al Ain Road. This project will start from the Dubai International Endurance City to the rest area of the Cycling Track and from there to Dubai-Al Ain Road, or Al Qudra Road, which passes over Emirates Road and Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road and runs through to Jumeirah. More info