2018 continues to be filled with success for the Doha Metro as Qatar’s grand train project does not only enter but exceeds the 90% completion mark as of September 2018.
The final stages of testing and commissioning for the first section of the Doha Metro Phase 1 (the System Demonstration) commenced on time—with trains running beneath Doha in fully automatic mode and at full line speed.
Read below for a more detailed information regarding the Metro’s latest achievements:
- Five stations handed over to the Operator RKH namely the Economic Zone, Ras Bu Fontas, Al Wakra, Al Doha Al Jadeda, and Oqba Ibn Nafie
- QCDD inspections completed at 5 stations, while the remaining stations are still in progress
- Platform Screen Doors (PSD) and Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates installation are 100% complete
- Systems integrated testing progress is 50% complete
- Depot Red Line South: Physical works are 100% complete at all depot buildings, QCD certificates given to 15 buildings
- Station Area Works on-going at all stations
- 53 trains have been delivered to date, 15 of which are fully tested, dedicated to section 1 and ready for operations
- The Service Provider has moved into a number of stations and parts of the depot and stabling yard – and other operational readiness activities are also well progressed. More